Murray Bros Ltd
❝ Your Taranaki Agricultural transportation specialists ❞
Murray Bros Ltd
Murray Bros Ltd is a Taranaki based, family owned rural transport company established in 1991 and owned by brothers Alan and Brian Murray. In April 2017, Murray Bros Ltd expanded and purchased Maurice Vickers Livestock from Merv & Judy Pryce.
How was the workflow previously managed? – Livestock
Murray Bros Ltd used the old diary system to manage new and existing jobs. If the diary wasn’t with you it would be written on a piece of paper for noting later.
Daily job sheets were handwritten and handed out to Drivers on the day of the job. Any changes had to be made manually (with Twink) or the Driver had to be called to let them know
Daysheets had to be returned by the Driver with (hopefully) correct tallies or their trucks needed to be searched to find the screwed up, dirty pieces of paper in order to manually enter them in to the invoicing programme
What issues needed to be resolved?
- Time efficiency – the old process was extremely time consuming
- Accuracy of information provided to drivers
- Accuracy of information for invoicing
- There was a high risk that some jobs could be missed from invoicing altogether
- There was a risk that we could forget to schedule jobs, or could accidentally not phone a client to let them know their pickup time
Murray Bros Ltd began using MyTrucking in August 2018
- Jobs noted in diary or on bits of paper, lots of manual changes
- Daysheets hand written and handed out to Drivers
- Manual update of job tally by driver – if they remember
- Not all job sheets returned or returned screwed up and dirty!!
- Risk of jobs not being invoiced or not invoiced with correct info
- Manual reference back to old jobs for job rate
- Jobs can be entered anytime anywhere and once only
- Drivers get and return job automatically with correct data
- No missing paperwork
- Auto pricing
- Invoicing much more efficient, a simple click of a button
As far as I’m aware there is nothing else available in New Zealand for small-medium sized livestock trucking firms. Also MyTrucking is owned and operated by other New Zealander’s just like us. It truly is one of the greatest assets to our business.
How easy was it switching to MyTrucking?
Very easy. We started off with a free 14-day trial, which was followed up with a personal visit from Sara, a co-owner of MyTrucking. Sara sat with us and told us all about the benefits of MyTrucking, and showed us on the computer how it worked.
We were then supported over the phone, and we built a good relationship with the technical support staff, and got to know them by name, as we were dealing with the same people all the time. Sara later on visited again with a follow up visit to see how things were going, and to answer any questions. We really appreciated the personal touch to the service we received.
Learning how to use MyTrucking was simple, and self-explanatory.
What are the key benefits that MyTrucking provides?
- More free time available to do other things that are important in my role.
- Streamlining of workflow – from the first phone call, to the job being done, through to the invoice being posted out in the mail.
- Accuracy in all information.
- Maximising income, as no jobs are missed being charged, and correct rates are charged out.
- Convenient app can be used anytime anywhere by anyone in the team.
- The programme, hence the logistical organising can be done remotely from anywhere.
Where has MyTrucking helped most?
- My sanity… seriously!!! There was no way I was going to carry on writing things on paper and using twink! I would have gone crazy a long time ago otherwise!!
- Accuracy of information – drivers get the correct information all the time, every time, and there is no misunderstanding. Invoices are done correctly.
- Time saving, no need to be working late at night.
Murray Bros Ltd
253 Lower Duthie Rd, Kaponga 4391
Popular features that will change your world
Simple yet powerful time-saving tools to stream-line your business and grow your bottom-line.
No training required, every member of your team will be productive from day one.
A drivers app that works with iPhones and iPads & Android phones and tablets.
Fully integrated with Xero & MYOB AccountRight makes invoicing a breeze.
Position at a glance
Executive view shows financial position & vehicle performance at a glance
Save time looking for that last used rate, it’s automatically applied.
An enterprise add-on enables enterprise based views based on business units.
A powerful reporting engine, create and save regular reports, dead easy.
Smart sensors such as changing a rated price to fixed simply by entering a total.
Preset invoice descriptions save time and typing, captures job information automatically.
From a single entry the job flows through to invoicing like magic.
Easy job management
Split, copy and replicate loads & jobs, or change vehicles all quick and easy.
Accessible from anywhere you have wifi or network connectivity.
We’ve been running a fleet of trucks in Australia for many years and as a result, we’ve had a look at many different Scheduling Programs over the years, but nothing has been able to satisfy our particular business practices.
With the introduction of MyTrucking, our workplace systems have become more refined and generally more efficient. MyTrucking is a very simplified yet detailed and easy program to run and integrate into our daily scheduling and reporting functions. The reporting functions are really helpful to keep an eye on things, and Sam is very open to new suggestions to help improve efficiency.Jeremy Pittman
What am I getting?
What is the process from here?
After submitting this form we will send you your MyTrucking username and password in an email. We will try to call you, we find a quick 5 min chat to answer any questions you have, makes your trial more beneficial for you.
What if I get stuck?
Use the in-app chat feature, all support is free, or call us, a quick 5 min chat usually resolves all the questions you have.
What happens at the end of my trial?
At the end of your 14 day free trial you will be asked if you want to continue to use MyTrucking. If you choose not to use MyTrucking your trial account will be removed and you will no longer have access to MyTrucking. A yes response will signal the start of your billing period, you can cancel at anytime without penalty.